where or to whom should i go or refer to to get a free visa ?

Question by peach: where or to whom should i go or refer to to get a free visa ?
i really want to work abroad.if there’s anybody who can help get a free visa me or an agency who sponsor me for free, feel free to answer my query. this is all for my own family.i really want to help my husband provide our daily needs. im a stay-at-home mom but im a college grad and would qualify for a decent job. my husband and i dont have own own house and is at present staying with my in laws. i really, really, really want to have own house but my husband is not earning much from his work. so i decided,if i had the chance, i would like to work abroad.im choosing between australia, new zealand, united kingdom or the netherlands.

Best answer:

Answer by ardanienalmondite
Would’ve been helpful to you to have said where you’re from, as which country passport you hold can affect your entry. However, I can tell you about New Zealand Immigration policy:

If you wish only to work in New Zealand for a short time, or do not meet the requirements for the long-term “work to residence” visa, you’ll want to apply for a temporary work visa:


If you wish to work towards gaining permanent residence while working in New Zealand (this visa allows you to work for two years and then apply for permanent residence), you can apply for the “work to residence” visa here, though this visa type is more difficult to obtain:


If you are a passport holder of any of the following countries, you can visit New Zealand visa-free for three months, but cannot work unless you apply for a temporary work visa or “work to residence” visa:

Andorra Argentina Austria
Bahrain Belgium Brazil
Brunei Bulgaria Canada
Chile Cyprus Czech Republic
Denmark Estonia* Finland
France Germany Greece*****
Hong Kong** Hungary Iceland
Ireland Israel Italy
Japan Korea (South) Kuwait
Latvia* Liechtenstein Lithuania*
Luxembourg Malaysia Malta
Mexico Monaco Netherlands
Norway Oman Poland
Portugal*** Qatar Romania
San Marino Saudi Arabia Singapore
Slovak Republic Slovenia South Africa
Spain Sweden Switzerland
United Arab Emirates United States of America**** Uruguay
Vatican City

* Visa waiver does not apply to people travelling on alien’s (non-citizen’s) passports issued by these countries.
** Residents of Hong Kong travelling on Hong Kong Special Administrative Region or British National (Overseas) passports.
*** Portuguese passport holders must also have the right to live permanently in Portugal.
**** Including nationals of the USA.
***** Greek passport holders whose passports were issued on and after 1 January 2006. (Greek passports issued before 1 January 2006 are not acceptable for travel after 1 January 2007.)


Overall, New Zealand is fairly relaxed on immigration compared to many other countries, and if you’re from an English speaking country like the USA or have solid English speaking skills they’ll be more kindly disposed towards you too, as they like workers that can actually communicate in English, you see. ;)

What do you think? Answer below!

Question by Ƹ̵̡Ӝ̵̨̄Ʒ: Which European country should I move to?
I currently live in the US, but I am thinking about moving to Europe. Is it difficult to get a job? Which country would be best from an English speaker? Is it hard to become a citizen? ANYTHING, just be detailed. Thanks. (:

P.S. I am a nurse. Do they get paid well in your selected country?

Best answer:

Answer by Dandy!
Try Switzerland. Lots of bikes, chocolate and Im sure thats the one Kieth Richards goes to get blood transfusions each year.

Add your own answer in the comments!

5 comments on “where or to whom should i go or refer to to get a free visa ?

  1. Getting work is difficult. Getting a work permit is difficult. If you want a good country for an English Speaker…England is good. They don’t really speak English there, but I think, if yoiu have them speak slowly and clearly, you might be able to understand them…:)

    Seriously, it takes a little while to understand some of their accents…

    If you want a country where you’ll have to learn a language, but they also speak very good English (for a nice transition AND some challenge) try the Scandinavian countries…,Netherlands, Sweden, Norway, and Denmark. Great countries, all, though you’ll need to do a bit of research on their economies, and whether you can get a job WILL vary according to the country.

    Germany is good, too. Lots of people speak English. You’ll probably learn lots of German.

    Switzerland as already suggested? I don’t know. You WILL have to learn one of the official languages, I’m sure. And I’m not sure how easily you’ll get along to start. There ARE some international cities, there, and as mentioned, there are some EXCELLENT medical facilities, but whether you can get citizenship, or even a work permit, in ANY European coutnry, well, it might be difficult. You should check with the State Department, and whatever agencies/Departments/`ministries you can, to find out the situations in various countries.

    You CAN probably get involved in something like Doctors without borders, or The World Health Organization, or even the Peace Corps, and get placed in one of the poorer countries in Eastern Europe, if that appeals to you. You could check that out, too.

  2. You cannot reside or work in any European country without first getting a work visa…and these are nearly ipossible to get. All other Europeans are ahead of Americans. You ust firt find an employer to sponsor your work visa. Citizenship would be be close to 10 years down the road as all countries have residence requirements of at least 5 years. It is REALLY next to impossible to immigrate to a European country. If you speak only English, that limits youto the U.K. and Ireland. Nurses ( are you an RN?) in the states get paid way more than in U.K. You can go to the website of the embassy of a country you are interested in to research visa requirements. If you would like to work overseas, your best chance would probably be with an international nursing agency.

  3. England, Scotland & Ireland would be best if you just speak English. Most people in Scandinavia & other Western European countries speak English, but I would think they’d expect you to speak their language if you’re working there.

    I was born in London & lived there when I was little & LOVE it, but it’s soooo expensive. The Midlands part of the UK is lovely, as is Cornish Coast. Edinburgh is kinda hip.

    I’m 16, so I haven’t worked abroad yet, but I have a ton of friends in college & older who’ve worked in the UK & Ireland through a program called BUNAC that handles work visas for young people. I’m not sure of the age limit, but I’m sure you could Google them & find out. My boyfriend’s cousin worked as a traveling nurse all over the world – NZ, Brazil, Canada & in France, and I think she went through a special program just for nurses. I would think that going through an agency specifically for nurses would be your best bet. It’s a way more in demand job worldwide, so it will probably be easier for you to get a job than like a banker or something.

    If you’re young, check with STA, Student travel agency, about work abroad options. They are the largest youth travel agency in the world & should be able to give you some direction.

    If your parents or grandparents were born in Europe, this will be waaaay easier for you because you’ll be able to get the right to work there because of them.

    Best of luck!

Leave a Reply