My 90 days are almost finished. What should I do?

Question by A B: My 90 days are almost finished. What should I do?
I am a Canadian, and I want to stay in Poland past my 90 day limit. What is the best way to do this, preferably without applying for a visa, because I am told that that takes forever and I’m not allowed to do it from Poland anyway.
Can I go to some other country like croatia and get a new entry stamp? Does that really work, even with a computerized passport?
Can I go to the UK and get a new stamp, or does it have to be outside the EU, not just shenken?
Can I get a longer stamp in the UK, for 6 months, even when coming from an EU country?

Thanks for whatever answers!

Best answer:

Answer by bla bla
In practice you can’t just pop across the border and “get a stamp” anywhere now.

The reason why you are able to enter Poland without a visa in the first place is that Canadians are able to travel in the Schengen zone visa-free for up to 90 days out of 180 days.

In order for you to come back to Poland (or any of the Schengen states) then you have to leave for a further 90 days (ie the 90 days out of 180 relationship “This means that, after a stay of 90 days, you cannot re-enter the Schengen area until another 90 days has elapsed. It is your responsibility to ensure that you comply with this requirement.” from the Norwegian directorate of immigration site which I know is Norway, but the same rules apply

Some persons do lay a claim to the “popping across the border” for a new stamp, but as you rightly pointed out, it is not so much of an issue for a stamp, but the fact that passports are routinely scanned and this is logged on the SIS database which is computerised and all Schengen countries (and also the UK) can access.

You can read the confirmation of what I am saying here ” Canadian citizens are allowed to stay in Poland for 90 days (within 180 days period) without a tourist visa. Extension beyond 90 days is no longer possible. To stay longer, Canadians must apply for a temporary residence permit and have a valid reason for the extension, such as education or employment” and it also gives further info, so this is your best option

Either that or contact the immigration dept of Poland to see what steps you can take

What do you think? Answer below!

Leave a Reply